2 Year Warranty – Applicable to machines bought from 1st January 2016
(1 Year Warranty applicable to machines bought previous to 1st January 2016)
Chapman Machinery Ltd (herein ‘Chapman’ or ‘Chapman Machinery’) warrants that the products manufactured under the “Chapman Machinery” brand will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 24 months. This warranty does not apply to ancillary items or sub-contract manufactures sold or supplied by Chapman Machinery Ltd. This warranty does not affect your statutory rights, but merely adds to them. Should you have a problem within 24 months or purchase, please contact your original dealer, or Chapman Machinery’s Service Department.
Any part found to be defective during this period will be replaced or repaired, at our discretion, by the distributor or by supply of the replacement parts.
Terms & Conditions
1. The Warranty Registration Form must be completed and returned to Chapman Machinery within 30 days of the date of purchase in order for the end-user warranty to commence from that date. If the Warranty Registration Form is not received then the warranty period shall run from the original date of sale to the distributor.
2. This warranty does not cover defects arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, misuse, lack of servicing and maintenance, abnormal working conditions, use in competition, failure to follow Chapman Machinery’s instructions (oral or written, including all instructions and recommendation made in the Operator’s Manual) or alteration or repair of the machinery without prior approval.
3. The machinery must have been serviced in accordance with the Operator’s Manual and a Service Log must have been kept up to date and made available to the dealer should service, repair or warranty work be undertaken.
4. This warranty does not cover claims in respect of wearing parts such as blades, flails, paintwork, tyres, belts, hydraulic hoses, bearings, bushes, linkage pins, top links, clutch linings, ball ends and so forth unless there is a manufacturing or material defect. Nor does the warranty cover the cost of normal servicing items such as oils and lubricants.
5. This warranty does not cover any expenses or losses incurred whilst the machinery is out of use for warranty repairs or parts replacement.
6. This warranty does not extend to parts, materials or equipment not manufactured by Chapman Machinery, for which the Buyer shall only be entitled to the benefit of any such warranty or guarantee given by the manufacturer of that specific component, which may be subject to separate warranty conditions [for example warranty offered by engine manufacturers on powered equipment]. It will be the purchaser’s responsibility to ensure compliance with these servicing requirements if applicable, and Chapman machinery will accept no liability if a claim is subsequently rejected due to non-compliance.
7. All parts replaced by Chapman Machinery under warranty become the property of Chapman Machinery and must be returned to Chapman Machinery if so requested. Such parts may only be disposed of after a warranty claim has been accepted and processed by Chapman Machinery.
8. Chapman Machinery is not liable under this warranty for any repairs carried out without Chapman Machinery’s written consent or without Chapman Machinery being afforded a reasonable opportunity to inspect the machinery the subject of the warranty claim. Chapman Machinery’s written consent must, therefore, be obtained before any repairs are carried out or parts replaced. Use of non- Chapman Machinery parts automatically invalidates the Chapman Warranty. Failed components must not be dismantled except as specifically authorised by Chapman Machinery and dismantling of any components without authorisation from Chapman Machinery will invalidate this warranty.
9. All warranty claims must be submitted to Chapman Machinery on Chapman Machinery Warranty Claim Forms within 30 days of completion of warranty work.
10. Chapman Machinery reserve the right to charge carriage on parts supplied under warranty.
11. This warranty cannot be transferred from the initial purchaser.
12. Parts supplied outside of the warranty period carry a 3 month warranty on the parts only.